Sunday, June 30, 2013

Year End Musings

So long, farewell, adios, arrivederci!

 In 4 days Karl Hesse will be your President, and I will become your Past President. 
During the next year, I hope to be able to work on our governance model and leadership development along with helping to direct our business operations. 

I hope that you too will consider using your talents to further our programs and operations.  Please consider joining a committee or council.

This has been an amazing year, one in which I learned things about church governance and about myself.  My spiritual journey continues in ways that I had not anticipated.  

I am looking forward to having Justin and his family join us.  Those of you who met him have had many nice things to say about him and his family.  I look forward to meeting Jessica, Caleb, and Andy.  I was sorry to have missed them while I was at General Assembly.

General Assembly news:  Jim Key, past president of the Southeast District was elected UUA Moderator.  Congratulations to him.

We voted on a statement of conscience regarding immigration.  I know we have done some work in this area.  We need to document it so that we can report back to the UUA on our actions and studies. 

We also voted 3 Actions of Immediate Witness:

    1. 28th Amendment:  Corporations are not people.
    2. Divestment from fossil fuels industry
    3. Condemn the racist mistreatment of young men of color by police

If you would like more information on these, please go to the UUA site, www.uua.org .
If you have not already done so, please go to the member page of Piedmont’s website and read the annual report.

So, Karl, over to you!

In Faith,
Lucy Neel
President, PUUC

No comments:

Post a Comment