Tuesday, May 27, 2014

NAMASTE AND THANK YOU!

For the past three years, I have been a candidate in the UUA Music Leadership Credentialing Program. The Credentialing Program helps music leaders develop a foundational understanding of three main areas of knowledge: 1) music skills and resources, 2) UU heritage and values, and 3) leadership and interpersonal skills.

The curriculum is delivered through a series of six core courses and additional professional development opportunities. The courses are offered at the Unitarian Universalist Musicians Network annual summer conference in a rotation of two courses offered each year. I have attended the summer conferences in Arlington (2011), Tulsa (2012) and Dallas (2013). As part of the program I have also attended the General Assembly in Charlotte in 2011, the Fall, 2013 Western Cluster meeting in Asheville, the 2013 Southeast District annual meeting in Charlotte, and the Southeast District Choral Festival at the UU Church of Charlotte in March.

As I have just completed all the course requirements, I want to thank Rev. Robin and the church for making it possible for me to participate in the program. Each candidate has an advisor and a sponsor. My advisor, Annease Hastings, has just celebrated her 25th year as the music director of Bull Run Unitarian Universalists in Manassas, Virginia. My sponsor is Susan Burns, who has helped me with documenting my assignments, which often including videoing services of me song leading and directing the choir. Susan and I have had many teleconferences over the past three years with my advisor to assess progress and completion of goals and other assignments. Special thanks to Susan for all of the time and work that she has spent since I started the program in 2011.

I will receive my Credentials at this summer's General Assembly at the end of June in Providence, Rhode Island.

In gratitude,

Wally Kleucker
Music Director
wally@puuc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment